My Chef's Hat - Ginger Shrimp Stir Fry

I've talked numerous times on this blog about my love for shrimp.  So I'm always looking for new ways to prepare it, so that I don't get tired of the same recipes over and over again.  Pinterest came to the rescue yet again, with ginger shrimp stir fry.  The first 2 things that drew my eye were how colorful the dish was, and that it could be prepared in 15 minutes.  So I was sold.

Well, since I put it over rice, and I don't do the minute rice or the microwaved rice, it took a lot longer before I was able to eat.  But the stir fry itself was very quick.  The most time consuming part was cutting up the veggies.  Everything else was fast and easy.

Here is the official recipe version:

And here's my version:

Man, this was delicious!!  I always cut up way too many peppers and onions when I cook, but that's really not a bad thing.  So I doubled the sauce.  I only put a tiny bit of sesame oil, as I've learned the hard way that too much is way too much.  The jalapenos added a mild kick, but cooking them toned down the heat.  I wish the shrimp had a little more color, kind of like the official recipe picture.  I think next time I might marinate them in a little bit of the sauce so they absorb the color, since shrimp cooks so quickly.

Will I make this again?  I already have!  It's quick, easy, and delicious.


Recipe found on Can You Stay for Dinner