My Chef's Hat - Zucchini Parmesan Crisps

I was looking at all the recipes on my Pinterest page yesterday, and realized there are so many on there that I need to make. And I really need to start at the bottom of the page, where the oldest recipes are.  Its like email... if I don't pull them up soon enough, they get lost behind the new ones. And I'm sure I have some repeats on there as well, again because I forgot I pinned them already. Pinterest now has a handy feature to prevent that, but my list is a lot older than that feature.

Yesterday I was in the fridge getting out veggies and came across 3 zucchini I had bought about a week ago. Zucchini only lasts for so long before it starts getting soft and gross. I had planned to use some in my homemade pizza today, but when I came across the recipe for Zucchini parmesan crisps I knew I had to make them for dinner tonight instead. This was one of my first 30 recipe pins.  I kept telling myself I would make it, and kept putting it off. I was making breaded baked pork chops, and it seemed like a perfect side. And I wouldn't even need a starch to go with it.

Here is the recipe photo

And here is my version



These were awesome!  The zucchini was a little softer than I would normally eat, but the coating added a good crunch and that made up for it.  Panko breading is so light and airy, and the parmesan added a nice contrast. But I think it could definitely use more seasoning though.  Salt, pepper, paprika and/or cayenne, maybe garlic & onion powder. Mix all that in with the flour. There's no green onion or chives in the recipe, but one of these is definitely in the final picture as a garnish.  In the recipe photo it looks like the green onions were added before frying, but they burn.  So I chopped up some spring onions (I've never bought chives) and put them on top as a garnish.

I will definitely be making these again. Soon.