My Chef's Hat - Asian Salmon in Foil

My plan for dinner tonight was salmon. I've been eating more red meat than normal this week, and need to start getting back on track, and salmon is the perfect way to do that. I was just going to season with nothing more than McCormick steak seasoning. I make it like that a lot, because its less than simple but still packs a flavor punch. I got onto Pinterest to find a side dish to go with it, and one of the first things on the main feed was Asian salmon in foil. Consequently, my plans quickly changed on the salmon preparation. This recipe combined flavors I enjoy and it looked delicious. I was sold.

Here is the recipe version

And here is my version

This was delicious! The salmon was so tender.  I don't think I've ever made anything in foil before, and I really don't know why. I could be wrong, but I really feel like the foil helps to intensify the flavor because it can't evaporate in the oven. It also keeps it much more moist than regular baking.  I do wish the color was a little deeper, more like the recipe picture. But whenever I bake salmon it always looks like this. And I'm wondering if they used wild salmon, which natural has a much deeper color. Regardless, the flavor was fantastic. As always, I used about 1/3 of the sesame oil the recipe called for. I could still smell and taste it, but instead of being super overpowering it just added a nice background flavor.

Will I make this again? No question.


Recipe found on Damn Delicious