My Chef's Hat - Saucy Herbed Shrimp

Another day, another shrimp recipe.  I don't need to tell you again how much I like shrimp, so I'll just cut straight to the chase.  The other day I was on Pinterest and found a recipe for Saucy Herbed Shrimp.  It looked like a pretty easy recipe, and the reviews said it had lots of flavor, so I decided to give it a shot.

Here's the official recipe version:


And here's my version:

It was really delicious.  The recipe called for the beans to be added at the same time as the peppers.  The beans were perfect, but the peppers were just a little over-done.  Next time I'll cook the beans by themselves a little bit first so all the veggies cook the same.  I didn't  have orange peppers, but I really don't think the colors matter and I had yellow, green and red on hand so I used all 3 of them to make the dish more colorful.  The tomatoes also got a little too soft, so next time I may just add them once the dish is done so they maintain their texture.  The shrimp had really good flavor with the combination of herbs.  I just shook some red pepper flakes into the dish without measuring, and I really didn't taste much heat.  Next time I'll be a little more heavy-handed, or maybe actually just measure the amount instead of guessing. I served the shrimp mixture over whole grain linguine for a complete meal.


Recipe found on Food.com


Shared on