#111 - Casa Perico Mexican Grille, Oklahoma City, OK

When I began working at OSU we had 63 suites; now, after all the construction in the west end zone is complete, we are up to 119. It takes me about a week to count, package, deliver and ship all the packages.  I originally shipped all of the suite tickets, but a couple years ago started hand delivering tickets to suiteholders within 90 minutes of Stillwater, so that includes Tulsa, OKC, and Enid. I've contemplated a trip to Dallas to deliver those tickets as well. We only have 4 suiteholders living down there, but they're some of our most important. I'm probably going to add that to the list moving forward. Hand delivery is less expensive than shipping, it gets me out of the office, and most important its a great touch point.  When I deliver in OKC and Tulsa I spend the night, because I have so many packages to distribute. 

After a full day of delivering tickets in OKC, I was starving. I was staying at the Four Points Sheraton by Quail Springs Mall, and wanted something different than the restaurants I usually go to when I'm there. I went on TripAdvisor and found Casa Perico Mexican Grille. It was only a few miles from the hotel, had gotten good reviews, and I hadn't had Mexican in a while. 

Its located on the corner of a dying strip mall. Literally 75% of the place is empty. I hesitated a little, but decided to forge ahead and try it anyway.  The inside is very warm and cozy, and it was about half full when I arrived.


The chips came out warm, which is a huge plus.  They came with white queso and salsa.  I was a little surprised, because normally white queso is extra.  But it was a pleasant surprise, because the queso was warm as well, had a little kick, and was really delicious.  


I started with a skinny margarita, and it came to the table in a shaker.  Love that, reminds me of Chuy's.  The server failed a little because she spilled a little as she served it.  But I didn't let that get me down.


Wow, that margarita has a serious kick!  Any thought I had to getting another one was shot after one sip.  But maybe next time, when I'm not so tired, I will.  

I almost always do fajitas the first time I eat at a Mexican restaurant.  I figure if they can do those well, everything else will be good too.  I went with the beef fajitas, and did borracha beans instead of refried.  I also decided to try the papas rancheras (thinly sliced potatoes covered with melted cheese and salsa) instead of rice, because the server raved about them.  



The fajitas were excellent.  The meat was extremely tender, and had tons of flavor. They did go a little overboard on the onions.  I feel like there was an entire huge onion on the platter. But that didn't stop me from eating them.  The tortillas are homemade, which is another huge plus.  They must have just made them, because they were screaming hot and I had to take one out and let it cool down for a couple of minutes. The beans were really good, with a subtle kick.  There was sausage mixed in with the beans, which I've never seen before.  The papas were interesting and very spicy.  They were okay, but I probably wouldn't get them again.  The guacamole was definitely made fresh, and it was excellent.

Will I go back?  No question.  The drinks are strong, the food is really good, and it's a very relaxing, low-key atmosphere.