My Chef's Hat - Honey Lime Shrimp

I'm always looking for new ways to prepare shrimp.  It's healthy, convenient to cook, and you can really cook it in about a million ways.  A couple weeks ago I was craving shrimp and wanted something different than one of my standby dishes, so I turned to pinterest for some inspiration.  And there I found the recipe for honey lime shrimp.  It looked super easy, and the picture was making my mouth water so I decided to try it out.

Here is the official recipe photo:


And here's my version:


I decided to go with the blogger's suggestions of mixed veggies and brown rice as sides, and made it a big bowl of deliciousness. 

For the veggies I did a quick sautee of green beans, snap pepas, mushrooms, carrots and celery. 

The shrimp marinade was awesome.  It was so simple, but yet added tons of flavor, and also gave great caramelization to the shrimp as it cooked.  I took a reviewer's suggestion:  double the marinade, cook it down, and pour it over the dish.  That way you got the flavor in every bite, not just with the shrimp. 

Will I make it again?  I already have!  The only change I made was to use broccoli instead of green beans, but I really think there's tons of veggie combination options you could use.  This is definitely going on my constant rotation.
 



Recipe found on The Dough Will Rise Again


Shared On