#34 - Big Fish Seafood Grill & Bar, Grapevine, TX

After my site visit for the bowl game was done, I headed back to Flower Mound to stay with friends. No reason to race back to Stillwater late in the afternoon. 

If you've never been to Grapevine, you definitely need to visit.  I've been to the outlet mall a couple of times, but never to downtown.  The weather was great so we walked around a little bit, and checked out a few of the shops.  They have so many cute little shops, and since it was before Christmas they were all decked out and had tons of great ornaments, decorations and gifts on sale.  Joni and I both restrained ourselves from buying anything, even though I could have easily spent a bunch of money.

It always takes us a while to decide what to eat, because we can never agree on a cuisine or location.  But eventually we settled on seafood, and went to Big Fish Seafood Grill.  Its located right on Main street, in the heart of downtown. It was Friday night and therefore packed when we arrived, so we headed to the bar for a cocktail while we waited.  Thankfully the wait wasn't long, and within about 5 minutes we were seated.

I would say the biggest down side is that the restaurant isn't very big and they certainly take advantage of every square inch. If you're not friends with the people at the table next to you when you arrive, you probably will be by the time you leave.  And the bar was packed with people there for happy hour and those waiting for a table.  But I never felt overcrowded.

We started with the fried pickles. 

They were a delicious pile of hot, salty goodness!!  Joni and Tony were pretty good and only ate a little, while I was wolfing them down.  But I eventually exercised some restraint and stopped, if for no other reason so that I could eat my actual meal.

A lot looked good, but nothing absolutely jumped out at me.  They have a big chalkboard behind the bar that lists all of their daily specials. I still couldn't decide, so the waiter suggested the blackened redfish with cajun cream sauce.  I honestly don't even know if I've ever had redfish before, but since the waiter said he really liked it I decided to give it a shot.  All of the entrees come with 2 sides, so I did hush puppies and red beans w/rice.

The fish was seasoned perfectly, and the sauce added an amazing flavor to the dish.  The blackening spice had a lot of flavor but wasn't too spicy. The hush puppies were hot, fresh and delicious.  The red beans and rice were also really good.  There was a ton of food and I couldn't even finish my meal, even though I gave it my best effort. 

Will I go back?  Definitely!  I always love when I can get good seafood, and Big Fish doesn't disappoint.