#37 - Another Broken Egg Cafe, Dallas TX

When I'm out of town I don't usually go out to eat for breakfast.  Normally I'll just eat something light at the hotel or skip breakfast all together, and then focus more on lunch and dinner.  However, we got kind of a late start to the morning, and by the time we left the hotel we were hungry.  One of my favorite breakfast spots in Dallas is Cafe Brazil, but I wanted to find something different and we had seen a breakfast restaurant near to Royal Thai the night before.  So off to Another Broken Egg Cafe we went. 

The restaurant serves breakfast, brunch and lunch.   Most of their locations are in Texas and other parts of the southeast, with one random location in Burbank and another in Indianapolis.  I thought it was kind of interesting that it had a full bar, considering they're only open until 2pm on weekdays and 3pm on Saturday & Sunday.  But I guess it's always 5pm somewhere...

They've got a wide variety of menu items, and it really offers a little bit of something for everyone, including gluten free and vegetarian menu items.  I decided to go with the Lakeshore Scramble, and that comes with an english muffin and seasoned potatoes
Scrambled eggs, baked bacon, onions, mushrooms & ham with Cheddar-Jack 
The scramble was a lot more food than I was expecting.  But regardless, it was delicious.  I'm not sure how much of a difference it makes to bake the bacon rather than fry it, other than it probably retains less fat.  I asked them to go light on the cheese, but there was still quite a bit.  I'm kinda scared to see how much there would have been had I not said that.  The seasoned potatoes were hot and crisp and perfect.  The english muffin definitely wasn't Thomas' since there were no nooks & crannies to be found.  But honestly I liked them better.  It was thicker, and I think it was whole grain.

Would I go back?  Definitely.  There were lots of things on the menu I would like to try, and everything we had was really good.