#38 - Joe T Garcia's, Ft. Worth, TX

If you like Mexican food, Joe T Garcia's is one of those places you must go.  It's located in the heart of old Ft. Worth, about an hour from our hotel in Dallas.  I had actually never been before, but had always heard such great things so I was excited to go on this big group outing.

Joni and Tony don't live too far away, so they joined us for the evening.  We were in La Puertita, the private banquet facility that I think was a church in its previous life.  It's large and beautiful, with high ceilings and old architecture.  We had our own private mariachi band and there was an awesome balloon caricature guy.  We were all trying to figure out at what point in life you decide to do that for a living.  But he's really good, and I was very impressed with my crown.

Davidell tried to play the horn with the band, but he ran into some issues and just couldn't do it.  But the sombrero looked great on him.

Rumors are the margaritas have Everclear in them.  I don't know if they do or not, but what I do know is that they were amazing.  At first we had to go to the bar to get them, but before long Tony just got a pitcher for the table, so we wouldn't have to walk that far. 

The menu is very simple...you can get a family style dinner, chicken fajitas, or beef fajitas.  That's the  kind of menu that I like.  They've got some breakfast specials that are offered for lunch on the weekends and some additional lunch items and appetizers, but in reality most people do one of the first 3. 

We started with cheese nachos, chips, guacamole, queso, salsa and tortillas.  They were all fantastic.  The guac was fresh, the queso was warm and amazing, the chips were warm and the cheese tortillas were delicious.  Eventually I had to force myself to stop eating so I would have any chance of being able to eat dinner.

For dinner we had a huge buffet spread that inclued rice, beans, cheese quesadillas, beef fajitas and chicken fajitas.  The only thing I didn't get were the quesadillas, beans and rice.  I had meant to go back and get those after my first plate of fajitas, but I was so full I could barely even move.  Since I forgot to take my own pictures, I found this one online.  It's actually perfect because it is a great representation of what our table looked like:
Photo courtesy of Foodies Unite
Wow, I really think I could eat that every night!!  Well, maybe not because then I would weigh about 500 pounds.   But I can think about doing it. 

Thank goodness we had a big bus drive us all there.  Between the margaritas and all the food, I was in a quick coma and slept pretty much the entire way back to the hotel. 

Will I go back?  Joe T Garcia's is officially on my must-do list every time I'm in Ft. Worth...no question.