#28 - S&B Burger Joint, Oklahoma City, OK

My flight from Chicago landed at about 5pm, and I knew I wasn't going to drive all the way home and then cook. So I met Jack and Betty at S&B Burger Joint for dinner.  If you don't know where to find it, you could very easily just blow right by.  It's on the first floor of an office building, and really doesn't have much signage at all. 

The menu is a lot bigger than I expected, which is not a good sign for me.  I like menus with just a few options, to help make my deicision easier.  But I knew a couple things up front...I wasn't getting The Fatty, because to me it was pretty boring with just cheese, onions & pickles.  And I wasn't getting The Veggie, because I'm not real sure about those veggie patties.  And as if just the burger was enough in the decision department, you can pick your fries one of about a million different ways. 

I went with the black & blue burger, and did the full-size instead of the slider.
Blackened, with bacon, lettuce, tomato, red onion, avocado & blue cheese.
It was excellent!  The bun was toasted, the blue cheese was cool and creamy, and the bacon was cooked perfectly.  I'm glad I got the full-size, because the slider was just that--one slider.  And that wasn't going to be enough.

I also went the Fire Fries
Crispy fries with diced green chilies, sharp Cheddar, fried onions & chipotle Ranch sauce
The fries were delicious!  However, as I continued to eat, they got really soggy...and after a while it was just too much "stuff" with the cheese and ranch.  Now don't get me wrong--I love cheese fries, especially the ones at Joe's.  But it wasn't the same.  Just the chiles and the fried onions would have been perfect, with the ranch on the side. 

Jack got the P&B Fries with his burger
Sweet potato fries with peanut butter & bacon
Jack really liked them.  I thought the peanut butter made it a little too heavy. But the sweet potato fries themselves were great!

Will I go back?  Of course!  There's a million other items on the menu--plus you could also build your own burger.