Repeats with a Twist - Tucker's Onion Burgers, Oklahoma City OK

Last week I had a lunch appointment with a club seat holder couple.  They recommended Tucker's Onion Burgers.  Normally if the suggestion is a place I've been before I'll ask for something different.  But my last trip to Tucker's was the new location on Classen Blvd; this one was at the original location.  How can I pass that up?

It's located on NW 23rd Street, and you can see the state Capitol building from the street. The biggest down side is the parking.  The lot holds maybe 20 cars.  So of course there was nowhere to park when I arrived. It was about a million degrees outside, so I was very happy to find street parking less than half a block away.


It's a little smaller than the Classen Curve location.  All the inside seating is metal tables and chairs, and can accommodate about 40 people.  There's also a long bar along one window with seating for about 10.  And then 5 outside tables with with umbrellas. Misters wouldn't have been enough for me to sit out there in that heat.  

Even at 12:30, the restaurant was packed.  It kind of reminds me of Chipotle, where you stand in line against the wall and order at the counter.  The difference here is you then sit down and they call your name when the food is ready.  There were no tables open once we had paid, but luckily a few minutes later one did.  

Right after the cashier swiped my card I realized I forgot to use my Keep it Local card for a 10% discount.  But he went ahead and voided it so I could get my discount. That's the kind of customer service that I like.  

Jason and I ordered milkshakes.  They're simple, with your choices being vanilla, chocolate and strawberry.  I decided to start simple, with the vanilla

Wow, this was awesome.  It was basically ice cream that they whipped into a shake. And was so super thick that I could barely even drink it through the straw.  But I pushed through.  Even once we were done eating and I had about 1/4 left, it was still super thick. 5 minutes in my scorching hot car took care of that.

On my first visit I had the onion burger, so I wanted to try something different. Tucker's has a really short and sweet menu...onion burgers. I thought I was stuck, until I saw the onion turkey burger. 


The turkey burger was just as fantastic as the regular burger.  You really couldn't even tell you were eating turkey.  Last time I had them go light on the grilled jalapenos, and commented in my review that I could hardly taste them.  This time I just said jalapenos. My mouth was ON FIRE when I bit into the first one.  Thank goodness I had the milkshake to cool down my mouth. 

The fries were just as good as I remember, and you get a lot of them.

I will definitely continue to go back here.  And it will be a hard decision on whether to go with the turkey or regular burger.  Next time I'll have to try the chocolate shake, just to compare.