My Chef's Hat - Spicy Thai Noodles

After 10 straight days of eating out, I was really looking forward to cooking again.  And of course cooking means getting back to my goal of one new menu item per week.  Work was pretty busy the whole week so I really didn't have time to search for new menu items.  But last Saturday was really the last Saturday I had with no commitments the whole weekend, so I figured it was the perfect time to find a new recipe.

Once again, Pinterest came through with Spicy Thai Noodles.  I love spicy, and I love noodles so it seemed like a given.  But I needed some protein, so I made extra sauce, cut up some chicken, marinated it in the sauce, grilled it, and tossed it in with the noodles.  I also didn't have peanuts, but I did have bean sprouts, so I tossed those in for some additional texture.  I didn't have linguine, so I used fettucini but I don't think the type of pasta matters.

Here's the official version


And here's my version...


It was really good!  The sauce was spicy, but not overpowering.  I think I went a little overboard with the spring onions and carrots, but that's okay.  Adding the grilled chicken, especially after marinating it, was a perfect accompaniment.  I think it would be good with steak or shrimp too.  I've never been a huge fan of peanuts in a cooked dish, but I may try it next time just to see what it does.

I made this again the other day. I still didn't have linguine, so I went with fettucini again and also added a few more vegetables



Will I make it again?  Definitely!  It's quick and easy, and delicious. 


Recipe found on A Small Snippet



Shared On