#1a - Cup n Cake - Bartlesville, OK

As we pulled into Bartlesville yesterday afternoon, we saw Cup N Cake gourment cupcakes, just a block from the caravan location.  So after we got everything set up, James, Mary Lewis and I walked to the store...we figured we could use the exercise after those burgers!

I'm sure you're asking yourself why I listed this as #1a, instead of #2. Well, it does have a breakfast & lunch menu, but I only had the cupcake, so it doesn't fully count.

This is a small, family-owned restaurant in the heart of downtown B'ville.  They have 38 varieties of cupcakes, but only make 6-8 different ones on any given day.  By the time we got there, however, the only kind left was chocolate orange.  At first I was bummed, but after looking at the list of all the varieties, I'm glad I didn't have to make that choice!  Mary claimed she doesn't like chocolate, but it didn't stop her from taking 2 bites of my cupcake :)The cupcake was delicious...moist, fresh, and the orange frosting definitely tasted homemade.  One of my students works downtown, and I've already told her that her most important job on the first game is to bring cupcakes for me & Mary!

I would say the only down side was the lack of variety by the time we got there.  But, we didn't get there until after 3.  I'm sure the lunch crowd wipes them out. 

Will I go back??  Well, I won't drive all the way to B'ville just for a cupcake!  But next time I'm there, definitely!