Donning My Chef's Hat - Blackened Salmon Tacos

Last night I had taken out some salmon for dinner, but when I heard Jerri Beth was making tacos for dinner, I couldn't resist. So, the salmon became my lunch. I wanted something a little more creative than a boring salmon sandwich. A few minutes later, thanks to Pinterest I found my first new recipe...Blackened Salmon Tacos with Corn Salsa and Cilantro Lime Ranch.

I realized I'm not quite channeling my inner Rhee Drummond, because I didn't take pictures along the way. But I was on a time crunch.

After a quick stop at Wal Mart to pick up a few items I needed, I set off to make this dish. BTW, don't go there on a weekday around lunchtime. They have 30 registers, but only 4 were open and the cashiers were slower than molasses.

The picture below is from the official recipe...


And here is my version...

I know mine will never look as pretty, but that's okay cause it's all about the taste!

The tacos were AWESOME!! The ranch dressing (which I made, instead of buying the high-fat version) had tons of flavor and the corn salsa added the perfect additional texture. Note to self: salmon doesn't blacken very well on the grill. Next time I'll follow the recipe and sear it instead.

This recipe will definitely make it into my go-to list.



Recipe found on Cooking Classy