#10 - Kang's Asian Kitchen, Edmond, OK

I told you I have what may be an unhealthy obsession with sushi, and I'm always looking for places I've never been and new types of sushi to try.  I've driven past Kang's a million times but had never eaten there before.  I'd always heard really good things, so wanted to give it a shot. 

My #1 rule is that I don't do raw.  I just can't bring myself to eat raw fish, no matter how fresh it is.  But outside of that, I'm pretty flexible.  The first time I saw eel sauce on the menu I was very leery, but the waitress explained there's no eel at all in it, and it's not made from eel...so why the heck do they call it that?  Oh well, it's got great flavor so I don't worry about it--I just eat it.

I couldn't decide between a mojito or the appletini.  The waitress said the mojito was bigger, for the same price...sold.  It was strong and delicious, and I'm glad I got it.  

We started with calamari, and it came with a sweet thai chili sauce.  I forgot to take a picture, but that's because we were hungry and immediately dug in.  The calamari was perfectly cooked, and the sauce was delicious.  Our server suggested we also try the dynamite sauce.  It's pretty spicy, but paired really well with the calamari. 

For the sushi we got (L-R) Spicy Cowboy (shrimp tempura, avocado topped with crabsticks,spicy mayo); Kobe (grilled steak, cream cheese, scallion, spicy mayo); and Second Street (shrimp tempura, avocado topped w/ oven baked salmon, masago, spicy mayo, eel sauce, scallions)

All the rolls were delicious.  They all had a kick, but it was just enough and not overpowering.  The Kobe was my favorite, and I could have definitely gotten another one of those.  But gluttony isn't pretty. 

Instead of dessert we decided to go somewhere else for a drink.  The Martini Lounge is closed on Mondays, so we tried a couple other wine bars...all closed.  Clearly Edmond doesn't want you drinking wine on Mondays.  So we ended up at Louie's and had a couple of butterscotchtinis.  Which are, in a word, awesome!  If you've never tried it, you need to change that quickly.  It's smooth, and almost makes you forget you're even having a cocktail.

Will I go back to Kang's?  Of course!  The food was delicious, the atmosphere was great and our server knew her stuff.  We were really slow to make all of our decisions because we spent more time talking than looking at the menu...she told us she was there until 10, so we could take our time.  We didn't stay quite that long, but maybe next time we will.