Three Snacks in NYC...

There were a few places we went during our trip where we just had a snack, not an entire meal.  So I figured rather than do each one separately, I'd just cover them all in one post.

Saturday morning, before we left for Ground Zero, we were short on time but still needed a quick breakfast.  Junior's is right across from the Marriott, and I had been there for lunch 2 years ago.  We got croissants with butter.  It was huge!  And very inexpensive, for NYC standards.  It was like $2.50.  Perfect quick breakfast to start our journey.

By the time we made it to the South Street Seaport on Saturday afternoon, we were really hungry.  We were supposed to be meeting a friend for lunch, but that wasn't for about another 90 minutes, and that just wasn't acceptable.  So across the street we went to the Fulton Stall Market for snacks.  My friends Amy & Teresa run The Poffertjes Man stall, and Amy is the manager of the entire market.  If you've never been, you need to go check it out.  They've got over a dozen vendors that sell food and drinks every Saturday and Sunday afternoon.  Amy & Teresa's stall sells profiteroles, the little Dutch pancakes; however,  of course with our luck they weren't open on Saturday.  Some of the vendors were just setting up when we got there, but the Joe Mozz stall was up and running. I wish I could have bought some of the fresh mozzarella and fresh bread, but it wouldn't have lasted through the heat.  But pretty sure I'm going to go to their website and order some authentic Italian specialties.  So instead, we split an order of the prosciutto balls

All I can say is WOW.  It was a cheese ball with yummy bits of prosciutto throughout.  If that wasn't good enough, they fried them right there on the spot, in front of you.  We were in heaven.

Sunday morning after church, Kara said we had to go to Magnolia Bakery.  As we walked in the door, the amazing smells almost took my breath away.  The first thing I saw was the display filled with mini cheesecakes

How could I keep going after this display of delicious treats?  So I had to get the white chocolate macadamia cheesecake.

And Kara got the cupcakes

We both held out until we got into the car because we were on a time crunch to get to Philly.  Again, all I can say about the cheesecake is WOW.  The chunks of white chocolate were slightly soft, and biting in to it was lke eating a piece of heaven.  I also had a bite of the cupcake, and that was awesome too.  But I really think my cheesecake was better.

I highly recommend Joe Mozz and Magnolia Bakery.  I also highly recommend that you check out the Fulton Stall Market and try some of all of the treats.  We probably could have gotten a croissant anywhere, so I can't really give it rave reviews.  But it definitely did the trick to get us going.