#9 - Maui Tacos, Minneapolis MN

I really need to get on the ball now that I'm a week--and 3 restaurants--behind.  Last Wednesday I flew back from Minneapolis, and since it was July 4th most of the downtown restaurants were closed.

Airport dining used to dredge up memories of limited choices and bad food.  Now that so many people spend so much time in airports, the industry has gotten smarter, at least in the major airports.  There are now dozens of options, with both fast food and full-service places to choose from.  Minneapolis airport is one of those with tons of food choices.  So instead of my staple food court meal I decided I would branch out and find something new... Maui Tacos it was.

I decided to try the Baja fish tacos. 
Marinated Grilled Fish served with Beans, Shredded Cabbage 
and Cilantro/Jalapeño Dressing
I was both impressed and very pleasantly surprised!  There was a lot of fish in the tacos, the dressing had a lot of flavor, and the pinto beans were really good.  The meal also came with chips and their "world famous salsa bar".  When I got my plate I knew something was missing...they forgot my chips.  So I went back to the counter, and they quickly fixed that.  I can't remember which salsa I got.  I also think their  "world famous" proclamation is shameless self-promotion because I've tasted much better salsas.  But oh well.

Will I go back?  Well, probably not to the airport location.  But they do have a few other locations around the country and in Maui so if I find another one I'll definitely try it.  I want to try some other stuff on the menu, and also give the salsa another shot