#13 - Patzerias Perfect Pizza - NYC

It took us 2 hours to get from the first sign for the Lincoln Tunnel until we got completely through and into NYC.  Yes, 2 hours.  A big part of our problem is that we got there at 4:45PM, but still.  It was a painful wait, especially considering my bladder was beyond full.  Right before we got into the tunnel some guy stopped in the space between 2 lanes and actually jumped out of his car and walked into the building to the bathroom.  Kara suggested I do the same thing, but I just couldn't bring myself to do it. 

By the time we finally got up to the hotel room, we were really hungry.  We decided that, instead of waiting to shower, get ready and find someplace to eat, we would just walk next door to Patzerias Perfect Pizza.  Kara said she and her hubby Scott had eaten there last time they were in town.

They have a big menu including breakfast, soups, salads, pastas, and strombolis.  But what immediately drew me in was the smell of the pizza.  They had the pizzas out on display, kinda like at Sbarro.  But I just knew this would be 100x better.

There were about 6 different types of pizza already out, but as I was deciding the guy brought out a freshly made margherita pizza.  Sold.

Even though he had literally just pulled it out of the oven a minute ago, when I ordered my slice he still tossed it back in the oven for another 30 seconds.  I normally don't like cooked tomato slices/chunks.  But this pizza was fantastic.  The chopped herbs had to be fresh...way too much flavor to be dried.  And then the fresh basil took the flavor over the top.  I could have probably eaten 2-3 more pieces, but that would have been a little overboard...just a little.

Will I go back?  Next time I'm in NYC you know it!  I may get pizza, or I may try another meal item on the menu.  Heck, if I'm in town long enough I'll go back twice and do both.