#50 - Blue Goose Cantina - Highland Village, TX

On Friday of the Dallas trip we were meeting Joni's mom for lunch.  She told me that her mom was really excited to meet me, and the feeling was definitely mutual.  Joni had told me so much about her mom that I was looking forward to finally getting to meet her in person. 

We met her mom at Blue Goose Cantina.  It's located in The Shops at Highland Village, an upscale outdoors shopping and dining district about 15 minutes from Flower Mound.  The shopping area is kind of laid out like the Prime or Premium outlets, but with much better restaurant options. 

Her mom was already seated  at a table outside, which was perfect because the weather was beautiful.  A lot of other people had the same idea, but it wasn't over crowded.  We did move to a table more underneath shade because the heat of the sun got brutal within 5 minutes of sitting down.

Of course I had to start with a margarita.  And let me tell you, they make a powerful drink!  Even though it was strong, it was also really refreshing.

If you know me, you know I don't do well with a large menu.  And, Blue Goose has a very large menu...which means it took me forever to decide what I wanted.  Thank goodness we had warm chips, salsa & queso to pass the time while we decided.

Finally, I decided to go with an old favorite:  steak fajitas.  That's usually my go-to if I can't decide what to get at a Mexican place...I've found that if the fajitas are good, everything else will be too. 



I went with the lunch portion of the fajitas, which as you can see was still huge!  The steak was tender, and the flavor was fantastic. I went with the charro beans instead of refried beans, and they were amazing.  Thankfully Joni's mom doesn't like guacamole, so I happily ate her side of it, along with the guac I got with my meal. 

We had a really great time chatting, drinking margaritas and wine, and enjoying the weather.  Finally Joni's mom had to leave, so Joni and I did a little shopping, and then on the way to the car stopped at the Nestle Toll House Café.  I really didn't need anything, but the smells coming out of the shop were so good I couldn't help myself.  I had an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie, and I figured the oatmeal made it okay.

Will I go back?  No question!  The food was fantastic, the drinks strong and good, and I love the outdoor seating.  If only they would build one in OKC...