Repeats with a Twist - Fuzzy's Taco Shop, Stillwater, OK

Back in the spring, Bob bought a mobile home to use on home game weekends, and whenever else he feels the urge to come to Stillwater for more than an afternoon.  He got really lucky that he was able to get it from the daughter of a friend, it was a great price, and she kept it in really good condition. 

A couple weeks ago I was helping him paint and do some other stuff to start getting it ready for football season.  And, as I've pointed out before...when we get together we eat and drink...kind of like when Joni and I get together.  And when all of us are together, watch out!

We were planning to paint all morning.  But then I remembered that I wanted to look for a couch for my patio, so we decided to hit a couple of yard sales first, and then get started on the painting.  First yard sale we found, we got this gem for $25

I gave her an extra $5 because she had her son and his friend deliver it to my house.  First thing my mom said when I sent her a picture: "what about bed bugs?"  So we sprayed the whole thing with bed bug spray--twice.  Second thing from mom:  "that's in horrible condition".  Its gonna sit out on the patio, exposed to the elements all year long, and cost $25.  So who cares?! 

Anyways, after a couple hours of painting the shed, and all the couch drama with my mom, we were starving.  House of Greek was closed (only open weekdays in June & July); and Coney Island was closed (pretty sure they only open in the evenings during the summer), so we went to Fuzzy's.  I so love that there's a Fuzzy's on The Strip.  And I think all the students do too.  I'm pretty sure it put a couple other businesses on The Strip out of business in the past year.  And from what I've been told, it's the #1 grossing Fuzzy's.  Not bad for Stillwater, OK.

I told Bob the secret of getting fajita meat instead of the regular meat.  Because the regular meat is already partially cooked and they just finish it when you order; the fajita meat they cook from raw.  It takes longer, but it's so much more moist and flavorful.

We each ordered the fajita plate.  I got beef and I think he got combo.  They come with 2 sides, so I got borracho beans and cilantro lime rice.  Bob got black beans and mix-Mex fried rice. And as if all that wasn't enough, we just had to order chips & guacamole to eat while we waited for lunch.

One would think that the smart move would be to share the fajitas and maybe get 4 sides to share.  And one would be right.  But we didn't even contemplate making that move, so of course we were both stuffed by the time we were done. 

However, the fajitas were delicious.  The meat was tender and flavorful.  The borracho beans were delicious, even though I only could eat about half.  I ate some of the rice.  It was good, but I got too full, and it wasn't as good as the cilantro lime rice at Chipotle.