#56 - Napoli's Italian Restaurant - Enid, OK

I came back from my vacation in Playa Sunday evening, and only had a day to recuperate before it was time to hit the road again...this time to Woodward, OK for a caravan.  Mary and I had decided after the lunch debacle before the caravan in Enid that we would definitely go to Napoli's Restaurant on this trip, since we drive through Enid anyway. 

The previous restaurant in that space was Pastimes Café, and that was where we had always gone to eat lunch in Enid.  It was American food that was really yummy.  The building speaks for itself, as it's an old building that I'm sure has some sort of historic value.  So Napoli's didn't have to do much but change a couple of pictures.  It's right in the middle of downtown, across from the Convention Center.  There's tons of construction going on down there right now, since they're building a new Convention Center.

As we walked in we were greeted by a very handsome young man, who turned out to also be our waiter, so of course that got the meal started off right!  I'm probably old enough to be his mother, but he was still pretty to look at...

The menu thankfully wasn't too overwhelming.  After all the food I ate in Playa I shouldn't be hungry for about a week, but sadly that's not how things work.

The lunch specials include salads, so Mary got her standard Caesar, and I got the tossed salad.  Mary went with the chicken Siciliano, and I went with the baked ziti because I heard our waiter tell the lady at the table next to us it was his favorite dish.  Not because I'm a stalker or anything, but because I love baked ziti and if the staff say it's really good, then I'm sold.
Sautéed with capers, mushrooms and artichoke hearts
in a lemon butter white wine sauce over spaghetti
Penne pasta, in a rich pink tomato Alfredo sauce topped with mozzarella cheese
I didn't try any of Mary's, but she said it was really good.  She doesn't like mushrooms, and forgot to tell them to keep them off, but that was her only negative. 

Mine was so good!  It was screaming hot and bubbling, so clearly it had just come out of the oven.  The sauce was definitely rich, but that didn't stop me from cleaning my plate.  And it was topped with mozzarella cheese, but it wasn't a crazy amount which was good.  Because the rest of the dish was rich enough without it.

Will I go back?  Napoli's is now our official lunch stop for the caravan in Enid.